Independent Business Valuation
Do you know what your company is worth?
In these challenging economic times you need a strong strategic partner. An independent business valuation will help you understand the value of your company, help you maximize value and serve as a powerful negotiating tool with investors, lenders and potential buyers. If you are thinking of selling your company and believe you need a complete, formal valuation, you may want an independent valuation in order to arrive at an objective determination of value before proceeding. Our valuation experts are knowledgeable in accounting, taxes, economics and finance and are skilled in using a variety of valuation approaches to determine value.In addition, it is essential that your company's valuation be performed by a well-trained professional accredited by a nationally recognized organization. One of the premier valuation training organizations is the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA).Our independent valuation experts are accredited through NACVA.
Conducting a proper business valuation includes many facets, among them:
- Constructing and analyzing economic/normalized financial statements
- Performing comparable multiples analysis
- Selecting proper revenue and cash flow drivers
- Estimating future earnings
- Selecting and developing proper capitalization rates
- Distinguishing and converting pre-tax and after-tax rates
- Determining applicable revenue rulings
- Allocating components of value
- Selecting and applying the proper valuation method.
What Should You Expect From an Independent Valuation
- Interview Phase
- We speak at a high level why you are interested in a valuation.
- Discuss key economic drivers of your business as well as macroeconomic factors affecting capital markets and, therefore, valuation.
- Formulate the client and consultant team to be involved in the valuation.
- Discuss timeframe and process. Due diligence/ investigation
- Conduct market and sector research
- Gather pertinent information for the valuation, including financial statements, revenue and cost drivers
- Manage the process through strong communication and frequent team updates
- Independent analysis
- Creation & Review
- All valuations are thoroughly created & checked.
- Detailed outline of drivers, assumptions, and methodologies used.
- Written report describing how valuation was derived.
- Presentation/ Delivery
- We present our findings, offer strategic business analysis, and discuss the implications of the valuation for your business
- Lay out next steps and options for you and your company
After the Valuation Delivery ( What you get)
- The Valuation report
- Strategic advice
- A trusted partner available to help you take your business to the next leve